Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Wetlands Brew Pub and Sports Bar.

The Wetlands is one of those establishments that I know is there, but I rarely think about when considering where to eat any given evening.  I am seldomly out on West 11th, and when I am, it is not food I have come for.  That said, whenever I eat at The Wetlands, I think, "this is a good place."

The Wetlands is a no thrills Brew Pub.  It's not a fancy place, and there are not nearly as many TVs as some of the other "Sports Bars" in town, but it has a good atmosphere none-the-less.  There are pool tables, the mood is casual, and the servers are friendly.

The menu is great, relatively cheap, and they have 32 beers on tap, including four kinds of Ninkasi.  They also have a really great happy-hour menu every weekday from 4-7.  The Wetlands is my sort of pub.


I ordered the Wetlands Burger with cheddar and fries and a Ninkasi IPA (my favorite).  The burger is a 1/3 lb. patty on regular old pub bun with lettuce, tomato, onion, a pickle spear, your choice of cheese, and fries.

My first thought when the burger came out was, "wow, that is a great looking burger" (do you put thought is quotation marks?).  The burger, while on paper nearly identical to the Agate Alley Burger,  was way more appetizing; I can't put my finger on any one thing, but it was a discernible difference to the eyes.


The fries are fresh cut, and still have the skin on some of them, which I love; they come out with your choice of ranch or fry sauce.  I said neither, but they brought me ranch... when in Rome, right?


Bottom line, this burger is great.  It is not going to garner any medals, simply because there is nothing extaordinary about it, but it is really a very good burger.  The Patty is not too thick, like 1/3 pounders can get, the balance between meat and veggies is excellent, and the bun, while nothing special, gets the job done.

While EBB still has no official rating system (there may be one coming), I am still going to give this burger 2 thumbs up.






The Wetlands Brew Pub and Sports Bar
922 Garfield St.
Eugene, OR 97402
(541) 345 3606

Bookmark and Share  Wetlands Brew Pub & Sports Bar on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. those burgers are garbage. The restraunt manager Juli is the worst. She is sooooo unsanitary its ridiculous. Trust me if you saw what goes on in that kitchen you would not eat there

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous. Thanks for the knowledge. It's good to know these things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous you probably never been in their kitchen. Im sure oit dosnt meet your standerd for a burger because all you eat in McDonalds, which you think is the bomb. Dont diss on the Wetlands.

    ReplyDelete